What’s in a date? Got a minute? Dates are the main ingredient in the Chocolate Date Bombs that you are going to make. I thought this chocolate covered dates recipe would be perfect to kick off this new category, Food & Body! These only take a few minutes to make.
Whether you celebrate holidays or not… any occasion is the perfect occasion for some Chocolate Date Bombs.
They taste like mini candy bars! There’s nothing like melted chocolate (you don’t need to use coconut oil for these). If you would have told me that we would be eating chocolate dipped dates, I wouldn’t have believed you! These gluten free treats have that chewy effect that you will love!
Here are a few benefits, nutrition facts that you should know about (sorry no formal nutritional fact sheet included):
- A fruit full of fiber
- Lowers cholesterol
- Energy booster
Who doesn’t like chocolate, right? You can use dark chocolate to add an extra detox to your body, or use your favorite dairy free chocolates.
Chocolate Date Bombs
- 1 package of Mini Dairy Free Chocolate Chips or Favorite Dark Chocolate
- 1 small jar of Almond Butter
- 1 package Medjool dates*
- Tooth picks
- Parchment paper
- Preheat crock pot or small pot on the stove on medium low
- Rinse the medjool dates and dry with paper towel
- Take a toothpick to ‘pierce’ the dates down the middle
- Remove the pit (pitted dates would be easier)
- Spoon a little bit of almond butter into each date (make sure you mix the almond butter up if the oil is at the top of the jar)
- Use a toothpick to close up each date
- Line a dish or cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Pour chocolate chips into crock pot or pot on the stove*
- Mix until chocolate is melted
- Dip dates into the chocolate and place each on the parchment paper / wax paper lined dish or baking sheet
- Place dates in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes (could work in fridge also, maybe 🙂
Enjoy! You can store them in an air tight container, if you have some left. If your family is like ours, we don’t have many leftovers!
The best gluten free, dairy free healthy snack! If there is also excess chocolate, you could use it to cover some almonds. Don’t forget the shredded coconut! Yikes, prep time? not too long for these sweet treats 🙂
So, you may be wondering, what else you can sprinkle chocolate covered dates with.
Here are some toppings that you can roll the dates around in:
- Coconut Flakes
- Shredded Coconut
- Roasted Almonds (chopped)
- Chia Seeds
- Ground Cinnamon
- Hemp Seeds
- Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Raw Cacao Chips
- Orange Zest
Some “stuffing” variations that you can use are:
- Peanut Butter
- Cookie Butter
- Your favorite nut butter or seed butter
*If you don’t want to melt the chocolate over the stove, you can melt it in a microwave safe bowl.
Author & Creator
Support this website and my podcast at https://www.patreon.com/howtoliveintime
Hey there! Hicunni here, Author & Creator
Being a homeschool mom for over a decade and over 5 years building an online coaching and marketing business has been challenging but oh so rewarding. It's been a pleasure showing people how to live a holistic life and being mindful of creating the life that they want. Are you ready to create the life that you want?
How To Live In Time patreon is creating podcast and digital resources for mindful living.
This is a great way to show you:
- behind the scenes of how I create my podcast
- what we do~how we live as a homeschool family
- from fun food creations to sneak peeks of new products and how to's
Also, with your support, it will take care of expenses associated with my blog and podcast, as well as help jump start my future printing company.
What for? To print and publish my own t-shirts, books, and well as assist new self-publishing authors in their endeavors.If this sounds like something that touches your heart, then sign up at http://patreon.com/howtoliveintime Thanks in advance for your financial support!
As an Amazon Associate and Affiliate For Multiple Companies, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Any occasion is great for chocolate - Hicunni Chandler