Everyone is always in a hurry. So much so that many believe there is a must to have food prepared and cooked fast. Fast doesn’t mean that it is healthy.
As a mom, you want to make sure your child is eating foods that are going to be beneficial for them. I know you won’t always “get it right” or if there is such a thing. I know you are doing the best you can.
When shopping you want to look for foods that are as close to nature as possible.
I am going to share with you 5 Benefits From Eating Real Food.
These benefits are just a reminder to purchase foods that are a natural and wholesome options for your child with food allergies.
5 Benefits From Eating Real Food
- Easy To Read ‘Food Label’
- Support Local Farmers
- Help Decrease Inflammation
- Increase Energy
- Mood Booster
1 . Easy To Read ‘Food Label’. Most food that are real, found in nature, have labels that are easy to read and are located in the produce or meat section.
Now when you are deciding what types of meats you want to buy, you want to make sure of course there is minimual processing. If there is a long list of ingredients that you don’t understand, don’t buy it.
If your child can tolerate grains, make sure that you research the ingredients because there could be hidden ingredients or foods processed in the same facility as some of the foods your child is allergic to.
With everything, be your child’s best Advocate.
2. Support Local Farmers. This is a great opportunity to give back to the community and support farmers in your area.
You have an opportunity to start building relationships with farmers and learn about their processes in providing food for the community.
3. Help Decrease Inflammation. Your child already has digestive upsets and difficulty with nutrient absorption because of the food allergies,
I know you want to do your best to make sure your child is eating foods that bring more healing to the gut and less inflammation.
Whenever my children were going through a type of elimination diet, leafy greens were a big part of trying to decrease inflammation. The bitter greens were not a ‘big hit’ with them at first, but we found ways to make them taste better.
Communicating with your child that these types of foods will help them feel better, makes the transition a little easier.
4. Increase Energy. Who doesn’t need more energy. Science has proven that some foods can give you a temporary ‘high’ then bring your body crashing down.
There are other foods that can provide a little more sustaining energy throughout the day. If you homeschool like we do, you want to give them a great boost of veggies in the morning in the form of a smoothie or a breakfast stir-fry.
This will help keep them alert…at least until lunch time! Food Allergies can be a downer at times so mom, cling to those foods that give an extra boost.
5. Mood Booster. This is closely related to the benefit of Increase Energy. When you have energy you are in a better mood. When you are in a better mood you have more energy and you are less stressful.
Real wholesome foods can help boost your child’s mood, especially when they are out with friends and maybe they can’t have certain foods.
- Make sure when packing snacks, the mood boosting foods look fun to eat…or they will feel even worse being around friends.
- Rolling up meats to look like pinwheels and cutting fruit into shapes is always fun for children.
These are just a few Benefits from Eating Real Foods. Can you think of anymore?
Share this post with a friend and comment on other benefits that you have experienced from eating real foods.
Certified Eating Psychology & Mind Body Nutrition Coaching is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. The information provided on this website, one-site and virtual coaching sessions, workshops, programs, classes, podcasts, and products is intended for educational purposes only, not as medical advice. Always check with your health care provider, practitioner, or doctor before changing your diet, eating or health/care program.